Health & Safety Policy
You need it. We write it.
Most managers don’t wake up in the morning excited about writing their health and safety policy.
All too often, it is begrudgingly written because it is a legal responsibility. Even then, it might have been cobbled together from something you downloaded online or an old one from years ago. Perhaps you have had it on your to-do list for ages but haven’t got around to updating it for far too long?
Does any of this sound familiar? If so, get in touch. Health and Safety is what we do. Creating and writing health and safety policies and manuals is our bread and butter.
We can get it done for you, thus fulfilling your legal obligation, ensuring your employees are protected and finally getting it off your to-do list.
A Health and Safety Policy details the company’s commitment to health and safety, who is responsible for health and safety and how it will be managed, and the responsibilities of company employees in terms of health and safety.
An important factor of a Health & Safety policy is that everyone in your business feels safe and protected.
It may detail a management system that will include risk assessments, accident reporting, fire safety, manual handling, hazardous substances etc. It may also include safety manuals, safe systems of work or method statements. It should be freely available to all employees.
Why do I need a Health and Safety Policy?
The Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990 place a duty on employers to:
- Prepare a written Health & Safety Policy Statement (when employing five or more persons)
- Set out the Organisation and Arrangements for implementing the Health & Safety policy
- Revise and update their Health & Safety policy on a regular basis
- Bring the Health & Safety policy and arrangements to the notice of all employees
Health & Safety Policies don’t need to be daunting and hard work. Simply call CQMS, and we will write a bespoke health and safety policy for your organisation.
We have been in the industry for nearly 20 years and have a team full of health and safety specialists, meaning we have all the knowledge that is needed.
How we will help you
Working with you, CQMS will create a bespoke Health, Safety & Environmental Policy & Procedures document for your company. We will also help to develop the management structure for a Health & Safety culture within your company by:
- Writing a Health & Safety Policy for you
- Helping you implement the Health & Safety Policy
- Advising on employer responsibilities
- Maintaining and monitoring your Health & Safety policy to ensure it remains suitable and sufficient
- CQMS’ Health & Safety Policy & Management Systems comply with BS 8800: Occupational health and safety management systems
- CQMS can also produce a Health & Safety Policy & Management System which complies with OHSAS 18001
It must be remembered that a policy can only be effective if you and your employee’s act on it, follow it through and review it on a regular basis. CQMS will install your Health & Safety Policy & Procedures document once prepared and carry out an induction into the document to ensure understanding.
CQMS are your Health & Safety, responsible employer. It’s time to make the change so you can start to enjoy your business again and let go of the anxious and stressful feeling.
Health and safety compliance doesn’t have to be exhausting. CQMS can offer a simple, straightforward approach to health and safety for you and your employees. We can save you both time and money, so please contact us now.