Health & Safety Policy Management Systems
What is a Health and Safety policy?
A Health and Safety policy details the company’s commitment to health and safety, who is responsible for health and safety and how it will be managed, and the responsibilities of company employees in terms of health and safety.
The management system will include risk assessments, accident reporting, fire safety, manual handling, hazardous substances etc. It may also include safety manuals, safe systems of work or method statements. It should be freely available to all employees.
Why do I need a Health and Safety Policy?
The Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974, the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990 place a duty on employers to:
- Prepare a written Health & Safety Policy Statement (when employing five or more persons)
- Set out the Organisation and Arrangements for implementing the Health & Safety policy
- Revise and update their Health & Safety policy on a regular basis
- Bring the Health & Safety policy and arrangements to the notice of all employees
How We Will Help You
Working with you CQMS will create a bespoke Health, Safety & Environmental Policy & Procedures document for your company. We will also help to develop the management structure for a Health & Safety culture within your company by:
- Writing a Health & Safety Policy for you
- Helping you implement the Health & Safety Policy
- Advising on employer responsibilities
- Maintaining and monitoring your Health & Safety policy to ensure it remains suitable and sufficient
- CQMS’ Health & Safety Policy & Management Systems comply with BS 8800: Occupational health and safety management systems
- CQMS can also produce a Health & Safety Policy & Management System which complies with OHSAS 18001
It must be remembered that a policy can only be effective if you and your employees act on it, follow it through and review it on a regular basis. CQMS will install your Health & Safety Policy & Procedures document once prepared and carry out an induction into the document to ensure understanding.
Want to know more about Health and Safety Policies with CQMS?
To discuss all the benefits and cost savings to your business, please call CQMS today on 01476 566665, or complete our enquiry form.
Health and safety compliance doesn’t have to be exhaustive, CQMS can offer a simple, straightforward approach to health and safety for you and your employees. We can save you both time and money, so please contact us now.