Fatality at construction site leads to fine
Mark Hammond was fined £12,500 after a 21 year old worker was electrocuted whilst carrying out works in the communication room in a basement on a construction site.
Hammond, of Church Gresley, Swandicote, Derbyshire, the director of Hamtech (UK) Electrical Services Limited, pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to breaching Section 3 (1) of Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. The defence was ordered to pay the prosecution costs of almost £50,000.
This prosecution arose out of an investigation into a fatal incident at the construction site at Great Peter Street, London on 6 July 2011.